Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Week Three

Busy week with a full, ambitious agenda. Remba's director, Rachel and I are still chugging along with the event planning for next months beauty competitions. We have locked in the events location and dates, and now it is up to us to get the word out and promote this thing. Registration and orientation is coming up on the first weekend of July with three competitions to follow each weekend thereafter. We are hosting the events at a brand new venue, Shokola, which is designed to host special events and will be the perfect environment and ambience for what's to come. This week we will begin salon interviews to capture the beauty industry in Kigali and connect with Rwandan stylists. I have been so busy and preoccupied with event coordinating and PR, that I haven't had many opportunities to be on the ground and connect with the ones who we are ultimatly here for. I am so excited to explore this countries salons and individuals and get to know the people we are here to serve on a more personal level.

1 comment: